Sunday 4 August 2013

Summer Festival Fashion 2013

If there is one thing you may know for certain, it is that there is a difference between a "concert outfit" and "festival fashion". I have had my fair share of concerts this summer, but nothing compares to music festival fashion season. Music festivals fill the calendar year-round, but most fashion bloggers don't start to pay attention to the festival fashion until about April. And YES, I am obviously speaking of Coachella when I say this! Even though it takes place in the spring time, I'm going to label Coachella as the summer festival fashion trend kick-off of the year. Being one of the most famous music festivals in the world this can only mean one thing: the most dynamic fashion out there. If you are a girl with boho flare like myself, you must get SO internet obsessed once Coachella rolls around because; let's be honest here... most college girls can't afford to go. So for now, I'll just stick to the music livestream and HQ pictures of our favorite celebrities attending (Vanessa Hudgens anyone?!).

Not counting any other festival out, I am going to go through my favorite festival fashion trends of Summer 2013. My idea for this post came from the countless pictures and tweets straight from Lollapalooza in Chicago, and I can't help but notice the similar trends from festival to festival. Luckily, rocking these fashions can easily be transitioned into your day to day outfits; I know this personally. So to kick off the ending to summer music festivals, here are my 6 favorite summer festival trends from 2013:

1. The Flower Crown:

ASOS flower crown pick for Lollapalooza

This once "hipster" trend has become so mainstream now, to where it's almost becoming worn out. But, I am still one of the many girls to still rock this feminine trend. It automatically adds an earthy feel to any outfit, as well as being the cherry-on-top of perfectly wavy hair. Hands down the most popular festival trend of 2013.

2. Fringe Tops



What can you add to a typical top for a boho feel? Fringe, fringe, and more fringe! Fringe bralets, crop tops, and shirts have been hitting stores everywhere this summer. Lately, I have been buying a few crop tops with fringe (i.e. photo above), and I find this to be an easy way to have a unique look to a typical crop top. Check out my personal favorite pick for this trend from Topshop

3. Rain Boots

Millie Mackintosh sharing my love of trends 1 &3 during Glastonbury

When trudging through the UK mud at festivals such as Glastonbury and the V festival, rain boots are a must. I personally have never been to a music festival, but from friends that have gone I always hear the same phrase: "Don't wear nice shoes!". I've noticed it is definite MUST for most UK festivals, and I personally think rain boots can be very fashionable when worn with the right outfit. My own pair of Wellies are from Hunter Boots.

4. Headpieces
         


Fun Fact: Perrie Edwards is my fashion idol!

From head scarves to turbans to jeweled bohemian head pieces, this trend has taken over festivals and day to day style. At Coachella I noticed a bigger range of jeweled headpieces, but never count out Wireless to have the cutest head scarves and turbans!

5. Jersey Tops

Danielle Peazer at Wireless

From performers to onlookers, athletic-like jersey tops were in this summer. I love the sporty feel of the top with a baseball cap and sunglasses, as well as girling it up with high waisted denim and tall socks. This shirt is very comfy for warm festival days and goes with practically anything.

6. Backpacks

Danielle from WeWoreWhat wearing a Chanel backpack at Lollapalooza

If you are anything like myself, I almost never bring a purse with me unless it is a must-have to complete an outfit. I never bring a purse with myself to concerts, but when at all day music festival, it must be annoying to have to hold a wallet. So, why not invest in a cute leather or canvas backpack for the festival?! You now have a cute, fashionable backpack, as well as free hand-space to rave; I say double win. 


If only festival fashion could be worn all year round.. sadly, we'll just have to wait until next summer!

xo,
Raechel


Adding to Raechel's favorites, I also have a few of my own. My favorite festival trends are: military jackets, kimonos, combat boots and fedora hats! All of these trends can add to a look to give it more of an edge or just complete the look! Below is just two pictures on how to style a few of my favorite trends!


Fedora's & Kimono(middle)
Military Jacket
















Xo,
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment