Wednesday 31 July 2013

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

Guess what tomorrow is... August 1st. For students in the midwest like myself, this signals the end of the summer break high and the unsettling feeling of having to ACTUALLY start using your brain again. I'm soaking up the last few days of my vacation out of town before I have to go back home *sigh*. I then have to hit Office Depot and Target to search the picked-over school supplies and fight a 7th grader for the last pack of 20 color gel pens. But luckily for Erin and I, back-to-school shopping doesn't end at notebooks and #2 pencils. This beginning of the month signifies the final trip to the mall and internet to pick out our college closets. Most of the time before we both buy anything, we usually see pictures of our favorite celebrities rocking the latest trends and think "we HAVE to buy this". Our wardrobes are very inspired by other girls and we are even finding ourselves buying exact celeb pieces then fangirling about them. We each have our different favorite celebs and personal styles, so for the first post of this blog I am going to give us each a style bio.

Raechel: "Urban Boho with Edge"
Now that I'm sitting here trying to put a label on my personal style, I'm actually surprising myself. Finding the perfect word combination of the different styles I have proves much more difficult than Teen Vogue makes it seem, so bear with me here on the "official" style names. This summer I have been downing my head with flower crowns and headbands, as well as buying every ring in sight at Urban Outfitters. I have been loving anything flowy from long skirts to maxi dresses. But, crop tops are my go-to this summer as well my army jacket for those cooler summer nights. As for shoes, I won't let my black Doc Martens out of sight, but white converse and gold sandals alternate on my feet as well. Yet, I can't survive fall without my leather jacket or a clothing piece with studs. Graphic tees and tanks are also a staple for any season, and can be worn with almost anything. I'm a type of girl who wakes up and wears what I feel in the morning, which is why my style range can be so large. You can usually tell how I'm feeling by the outfit that I put on, and luckily that is what works for me.

Erin: "Rocky Hipster"
I personally take some of my inspiration for my "edgy" side from Erin herself because, trust me, if I could fit into her shoes I would be the happiest person EVER. Her favorite shoes to wear are her Steve Madden black booties, white converse and her floral print Doc Martens. Erin's staple pieces right now are dungarees and graphic tees. Simply put, we are both OBSESSED. Rings, beanies, and leather are also parts of her outfit that you never see her without. Layering is what we both love to do, which is why we cannot wait for fall. She also has more of a "classic" side that consists of dark wash jeans and oxfords. I secretly want to steal the flannels she has from her closet, but luckily in a few days they will be in OUR dorm room. Erin's take on fashion is "I just wear whatever I want and don't care what people think of it", because when living in a small midwestern town, standing out with clothes is not difficult to do.

Hopefully you got a little insight on each of our styles, and that will help you understand the certain posts we put on this blog. Luckily, more will be coming your way as the school year roles around and we can really embrace the meaning of this blog. I'll leave you with some pictures of our favorite items at the moment in the set titled "Raechel & Erin"!

xo,
Raechel

No comments:

Post a Comment